Friday, July 4, 2014

Let It Go

Then I confessed my sins to you; I did not conceal my wrongdoings. I decided to confess them to you, and you forgave all my sins. Psalm 32:5

We can hide a bunch of things from a bunch of different people, but we can't hide anything from God. He knows what we've done, what we're doing, and what we will do.

Sometimes, when we do something wrong, the guilt eats away at us until we can't stand it. Do you know what that is? That's the Holy Spirit convicting us. The Holy Spirit is here to teach and guide us. When we are overcome with guilt, that's the Holy Spirit telling us it's time to tell God we are sorry.

God is so full of love and mercy. He will never reject your apology. He tells us in Zechariah 1:3, "Return to me, and I will return to you". This doesn't just apply at salvation, this is ongoing. It's ongoing, because we will continue to make mistakes, and he will continue to forgive us.

No comments:

Post a Comment